How to set up an email account in Outlook 2000
Problem:This is information for setting up Microsoft Outlook 2000 for Microsoft Exchange/Internet e-mail only. This does not describe setting up Outlook Express which has a very different setup than what is shown below.
Before completing this task you will need to know the following.
Your email address, Your POP3 Server, Your SMTP Server, Your Account Name, and Password
For a list of our servers CLICK HERE
- When you first launch Microsoft Outlook, you are asked to choose an information
service. Choose Internet E-mail. Click Next.
- Click the Setup Mail Account button
- Make sure you are viewing the General properties as shown. Enter
your mail server information in the first field. Then enter your own account
information in the User Information section.
- Click the Servers tab. Enter your POP3 server information and your
SMTP server information. Enter your email address in the Account Name field.
- Click the Connections tab. Click the "Connect using my local area
network (LAN)" button.
- If you check your mail in various locations, make sure you click the "Leave
a copy of messages on server" button.
Please note that if you click this on all Outlook settings, your account will fill up with mail to the point where you will no longer be able to receive mail. Make sure you have some method of deleting messages from the server to avoid this from happening. There is no way to recover any messages that are undeliverable if your account space overflows. Click OK.
- Please use the your personal drive for your Outlook folder file. Do this
by changing the "C:" to "P:" in this line. Click Next.
- Click Finish